Dental Implants Cost
Implant-supported dental restorations are an increasingly popular choice for patients who have lost one or more teeth. Many patients have questions about dental implants cost versus benefits. As Dr. Jerry Hancock explains to his Nashville, TN, patients, implant-supported prosthetics are vastly superior to traditional methods⏤and a worthwhile investment in your health and well-being.
Because every patient has unique needs, the costs of implants vary on a case-by-case basis. Some techniques, such as All-on-4®, allow you to support a full set of new dentures with just four implants. Alternatively, you may be able to save on the cost of new restorations by having your original denture altered to attach to implants. Dr. Hancock can provide you with a personalized cost quote after an initial consultation and examination at our practice.
Several factors including choice of surgeon and method of sedation can affect
the total cost of dental implant surgery.
Cost Factors for Implants and Restorations
Determining factors that affect your total costs for implant dentistry may include:
- Number of missing teeth ⎼ Do you require a single implant crown, a dental bridge, or a full denture? The more implants you require, the more you can expect your treatment to cost. Implant-supported dentures generally do not require a separate implant for each tooth socket. In fact, with All-on-4®, you can support a full row of prosthetics with just four implants. For a dental bridge, the number of implants needed will depend on the number of teeth being replaced.
- Your jawbone tissue ⎼ Ample bone tissue is required to support dental implants. Some patients may require bone grafting prior to the placement of implants. It is sometimes possible to combine a bone graft with implant surgery or receive grafting treatment immediately following a tooth extraction. Bone grafting requires preliminary surgery that will increase the overall cost of receiving implants.
Implants should be considered an investment in your overall oral health and any comparison of implant vs. traditional dentures should take this into consideration.
- Type of restoration ⎼ There are many different types of dentures, bridges, and dental crowns, and each has a different price point. In some cases, your current dentures can be modified to attach to your implants. Whenever possible, Dr. Hancock offers this service as a cost-saving measure.
- Anesthesia ⎼ Some patients undergo implant placement with only a local anesthetic, while other patients prefer sedation dentistry. The presence of a certified anesthesiologist typically raises the total cost of a procedure, but because Dr. Hancock is one of only a few dentists in the area qualified to provide IV sedation, he can offer total relaxation without incurring additional cost.
- Choice of surgeon ⎼ A more experienced oral surgeon like Dr. Hancock will charge a higher fee than a less experienced surgeon. However, you will experience fewer risks and will likely be more satisfied with your results.
Patients with dental implants enjoy a better quality of life and have the freedom to enjoy an unrestricted diet. Implants should be considered an investment in your overall oral health and any comparison of implant vs. traditional dentures should take this into consideration.
Since implants halt alveolar bone resorption, which naturally occurs when teeth are missing, they can help you avoid costly dental problems. Implant restorations are considered a permanent solution. This advantage is in contrast to traditional dentures and bridges, which require periodic adjustment.
Learn More about Dental Implants Cost
We encourage you to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Hancock to determine your treatment options and receive a personalized cost quote. Our restorative dentistry practice offers flexible payment options for treatment. Please call us at (615) 383-0132 or contact our office online today to schedule your appointment.
“The staff is super friendly and efficient, and I always walk out of their office with a smile…a much brighter one!” —Kate